Using a wireless internet connection can lead to grave security risks if proper precautions, such as timely updates, are not taken. With specifications varying for all the different devices available in the market, it’s extremely important to have the essential information for the device you own.
Follow the simple instructions below and secure your Wi-Fi connection on the Wateen Bolt 2 device.
- Connect Wateen Bolt 2 device to your computer through a wireless or wired medium.
- Open a new browser and type, 192.168.0.1 then press ‘Enter’.
- Type Username and Password as a user then press on the ‘Wi-Fi’ button.
- Rename your device Wi-Fi SSID. It can be for your ease so your Wi-Fi device can be recognized in future.
- Select Encryption Type as WEP.
- Select authentication method as open system.
- Select WEP Encryption at 64 bit.
- Enter Security key as 10 numeric digits. Enter all four keys and click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Now re-connect your device to the Wi-Fi modem and enter your Security Key.
You have successfully protected your Wi-Fi Connection on Wateen Bolt 2 device! Watch the tutorial below to guide you better,
If you’re a Wateen ZTE device user, you can follow the instructions to secure your wi-fi connection here.