Wateen is Pakistan’s leading information and communications technology company with a diverse portfolio of customers across industries. A pioneer in the telecommunications industry, Wateen is proud to have laid the foundation of Pakistan’s internet connectivity with the fastest-growing fiber-optic network.
Wateen is credited with transforming the landscape of communications technology in Pakistan through our efforts to revolutionize businesses with cutting-edge technology. With the country’s largest team of highly experienced certified resources, our subject matter experts ensure end-to-end support uniquely optimized for businesses and enterprises across various verticals.
Embark on your journey to success as a Transmission Specialist! This pivotal role involves the expert oversight of monitoring, configuration, and fault reporting for cutting-edge SDH/WDM & OTN technologies, with a focus on Fiber Cable networks. Join our team and take charge of professionally coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring seamless operations and swift issue resolution. As a seasoned engineer in this role, you’ll be a key player in on-call support, protection scheme implementation, and conducting thorough network health checks.
- Monitor transmission, LH Fiber, and Metro network performance to ensure peak functionality
- Configure EPL and EVPL services on the MSTP/OTN Network with protective schemes for enhanced reliability
- Conduct thorough Health Checks of OTN, MSTP & DWDM (BWS 1600G) Networks to maintain optimal efficiency
- Provide expert on-call support for remote troubleshooting, addressing L1 & L2 issues with precision
- Escalate, rectify, and vigilantly monitor issues within established SLAs for optimal service delivery
- Collaborate seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient issue resolution
- Uphold and embody strong work ethics, fostering effective collaboration within a dynamic team environment
- Professionally manage faults via phone and email, ensuring prompt and courteous communication
- Cultivate active listening skills, maintaining composure under pressure for effective problem-solving
- Showcase speed and accuracy in the adept handling of faults to ensure seamless operational efficiency
- Exhibit flexibility in adapting to shift routines (day, night, on-call) to meet the dynamic demands of the role
- Embark on a continuous product and technology training journey to stay abreast of industry advancements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Telecommunication
- HCIA/HCIP training or certification is an advantage
- Possess 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Huawei SDH/WDM & OTN technologies, with a foundational knowledge of protection schemes
- including ASON-E, ASON-O, Ring MSP, Linear MSP, and SNCP